Thursday 9 January 2014

Posted by Unknown | File under : ,
The Art of Getting By Poster


IMDB Rating: 6.6/10
My Rating: 8/10

The Art of Getting By is a comedy-romantic drama film that tells the life of a high school student who doesn't do anything the rest off the year but still graduates anyways. One more motivation not to study right?
Film features George Zinavoy. You probably won't recognize this name right away, but he was in Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, starring alongside Emma Watson. I mean Emma Roberts. (Gotcha!)

The film was nicely directed and has a realistic romance feeling to it, a simple, short and a better love story than Twilight. 
" We all die alone, so why am I supposed to spend my life working, sweating, struggling..I have better things to do with my time. " - George 
George has a passion for drawing and is very good at it. He's also very neurotic and anti-social until he meets Sally, a popular girl in his school who he falls in love with. They both become friends and Sally introduces him to his group. The movie is not a blockbuster or a action movie which you normally would see. This movie is different, it's trying to deliver a message. The protoganist George has a passion for Drawing so much that he has forgotten about his social surroundings, you can see great changes when George falls in love with Sally. It's true. Love can change people, in a good way or a bad way. 
Most of us think that quiet people are not interesting or just dumb, but from George's perspective you realize that being quiet is contrary to not being interesting. 

What annoyed me the most in the movie were the awkward scenes where I wish I could jump in the TV and help George out. But trust me guys, getting to talk to your crush is not easy but this guy got further than we would ever get. 

This movie is one of those films that want to make you search the protoganist's name and look up his other movies and compare his acting. (A confused, intelligent and anti-social teenager.)

If you're a demotivated artist or having crush problems, you should definitely watch this movie. It will inspire you.



Let me know your comments and thoughts about my review on the comment box below, thanks. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment