Tuesday 11 February 2014

Posted by Unknown | File under : , ,


IMDb rating: 8.1/10
My rating: 8.6/10

Ron Howard is a great director. One of the best out there. However, he did ruin "Angels and Demons" and "The Da Vinci Code" in my opinion. But they were ok. Anyway, his other works are quite legit. And do watch "Cinderella Man (2005)" by Ron. Brilliant movie.

The movie stars one of my favourite actor "Russell Crowe" as 'John Forbes Nash Jr', a math genius that suffered over the years due to schizophrenia. Even though 'Denzel Washington' won the oscar that year for his role in 'Training Day' (one of my favourite movies), I think Russell should've won. Don't get me wrong, I loved Denzel's performance as a bad guy, but still. The lovely "Jennifer Connelly" as 'Alicia Nash' as John's love interest and ultimately becoming his wife, beautiful performance. She is always so beautiful and calm :'). "Paul Bettany" as 'Charles', John's imaginary friend, who is basically always fun to watch, that guy. Alot of other big actors and all of them doing their roles to utter perfection. The acting is basically, perfection.
The cinematography is bright and colourful which certainly attracts the audience and the soundtrack is brilliant. A few cheesy moments here and there, but doesn't ruin the overall mood of the film. 
Basically, what I'm trying to say is, if you haven't already seen this one, then you definitely NEED to. RIGHT NOW! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment